Autor: Alan R. Aitkenhead, Graham Smith, David J. Rowbotham,
Textbook of Anaesthesia
6th Edition 2013, 858 p., 310 ill, Paperback
About the book:
- New edition of a book recognised as the standard text for Part 1 of the FRCA - also highly suitable for similar examinations.
- Covers the full range of clinical practice, from anaesthetic equipment and pre-operative assessment through to post-operative care, local anaesthesia, anaesthesia for individual specialties, intensive care and the management of chronic pain.
- Covers principles of pharmacology, anaesthetic agents and physics for the anaesthetist.
- What's New
- Revised throughout in accordance with detailed chapter by chapter comments received from trainee anaesthetist readers
- Contents revised to give a book of more manageable size - now includes only that basic science which has direct and close clinical relevance.
General principles of pharmacology and pharmacokinetics. Inhalational anaesthetic agents. Intravenous anaesthetic agents. Local anaesthetic agents. Analgesic drugs. Muscle function and neuromuscular blockage. Sedative and anticonvulsant drugs. Drugs acting on the cardiovascular and autonomic nervous systems. Drugs acting on the respiratory system. Drugs used in renal disease. Basic physics for the anaesthetist. Clinical measurement. Anaesthetic apparatus. The operating theatre environment. Preoperative assessment and premedication. The practical conduct of anaesthesia. Local anaesthetic techniques. Monitoring. Complications during anaesthesia. Metabolism, the stress response to surgery and perioperative thermoregulation. Fluid, electrolyte and acid-base balance. Bleeding disorders and blood transfusion. Intercurrent disease and anaesthesia. Postoperative care. Postoperative pain. Postoperative nausea and vomiting. Day case anaesthesia. .Emergency anaesthesia. Anaesthesia for gynaecological and genitourinary surgery. .Anaesthesia for orthopaedic surgery. Anaesthesia for ENT, maxillofacial and plastic surgery. Anaesthesia for ophthalmic surgery. Dental anaesthesia. Anaesthesia outside the operating theatre. Obstetric anaesthesia and analgesia. Pediatric anaesthesia. Anaesthesia for endocrine and vascular surgery. Neurosurgical anaesthesia. Anaesthesia for thoracic surgery. Anaesthesia for cardiac surgery. The intensive care unit. Management of chronic pain. Appendices: Clinical trials and statistics. Clinical data
Aitkenhead, Smith's & Aitkenhead's Textbook of Anaesthesia
- Hersteller Elsevier
- Artikelnr. 01229
- Verfügbarkeit 3 -5 Tage
- Netto 90,98€