Autor: Krüger, Wolfgang; Ludman, Anrew James
Core Knowledge in Critical Care Medicine
1st Edition 2014, 460 p., 18 Illus., 9 in color, hardcover
About the book:
- Covers the core areas with a clear evidence-based approach
- Suitable for daily use in the clinic
- Integrates discussion of pathophysiology with diagnosis and treatment
- Breaks down the numerous publications to the essentials of critical care medicine
- Provides clear and easy to follow recommendations for daily management of patients
- Every year, numerous articles on critical care topics are published, and it is increasingly difficult for the busy practitioner to keep abreast of the latest developments. This book provides a detailed review of state of the art knowledge as well as the latest research findings. It covers the core aspects in excellent detail, but is not so comprehensive as to make its daily use unfeasible.
For each condition considered, discussion of the pathophysiology is integrated with observations on diagnosis and treatment in order to allow a deeper understanding. The book is scientifically based, with extensive references to published research. This will allow readers to investigate their individual interests further and will enable physicians to base their approach upon evidence rather than upon traditions or routines. Accordingly, clinicians will be able to justify measures by providing a coherent, evidence-based strategy and relevant citations where needed.
Core Knowledge in Critical Care Medicine will appeal to experienced practitioners as an aide-mémoire, but will also be of great value to a wide range of more junior staff wishing to complement their background knowledge with important facts applicable to everyday practice.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Cardiac Function and Hemodynamic Monitoring .-Mechanical Ventilation and Weaning.-Shock in general and in specific conditions.-Sepsis.-Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS).-Acute Kidney Injury (AKI).-Critical Illness Neuropthy and Myopathy.-Nutrition in the critically ill Patient.-Analgo-Sedation.-Scoring Systems.-Post cardiac arrest care.
Krüger, Core Knowledge in Critical Care Medicine
- Hersteller Springer Verlag
- Artikelnr. 02234
- Verfügbarkeit 3 -5 Tage
- Netto 149,99€