Emergencies in Paediatrics and Neonatology
2nd Edition 2013, 576 p., 38 illus
About the book:
- Features a standard layout for early problem identification
- Simplifies complex management plans
- Contains a detailed paediatric formulary
- Utilizes a symptom based approach
New to this edition
- Updated content including management of anaphylaxis and rheumatic fever prophylaxis
- All content correlated with NICE and SIGN guidelines and cross-checked with websites, such as Up To Date, and drug dosages checked with the definitive children's formulary
Severely unwell children are the most frightening emergency a clinician can face. This second edition of Emergencies in Paediatrics and Neonatology, guides the clinician through what to do and when, in a format that can be read at the bedside. Resuscitation techniques are described in detail and comprehensive management plans are provided. Organised by symptom, the handbook concisely covers a range of essential information, from the key facts to elicit in the history to the specific difficulties of treating children in an emergency situation - communication and pain relief. Symbols are used to indicate clinical severity ranging from life-threatening to minor, and the book includes detailed drug dosages for children and the most recent resuscitation guidelines.
The new edition brings this bestselling guide fully up-to-date, including the management of anaphylaxis and rheumatic fever. The number of algorithms included in the book has also been increased.
Readership: Aimed primarily at doctors in training in clinical paediatrics and specialist nurses, the book will also prove invaluable to staff in accident and emergency medicine, general practitioners, and undergraduates during their paediatric training.
Crisp, Emergencies in Paediatrics and Neonatology
- Hersteller Oxford Univ. Press
- Artikelnr. 01353
- Verfügbarkeit 3 -5 Tage
- Netto 29,25€