Autor: Bellamy, Mark C.; Struys, Michel
Anaesthesia for the Obese and Overweight Patient
2nd. Edition 2015, 160 p.
About the book:
- Portable, accessible format for quick-reference
- Helpful "Key Points" sections at the start of each chapter
- Useful new section of illustrative case studies
New to this edition
- New chapters: Screening and cardiac risk in obesity surgery, Obesity and artificial ventilation, Bariatric surgery and the elderly, The obese patient in the critical care unit
Obesity is increasingly prevalent in Western societies, and obese patients frequently present to hospital for surgery and anaesthesia. Obese patients pose a major clinical challenge to the anaesthetist, who must take into account the special anatomical, physiological, pharmacological, and psychological requirements of this patient group.
This second edition of the successful pocketbook Anaesthesia for the Overweight and Obese Patient incorporates the latest advances in the field, particularly those relating to obesity in critical care, pharmacology and antibiotics. It also includes new chapters on screening and cardiac risk in obesity surgery, obesity and artificial ventilation, and bariatric surgery in the elderly.
Readership: Anaesthetists and trainees in anaesthesia, as well as nurses, medical students, and healthcare professionals practising in intensive care.
Bellamy, Anaesthesia for the Overweight and Obese Patient
- Hersteller Oxford Univ. Press
- Artikelnr. 01508
- Verfügbarkeit 3 -5 Tage
- Netto 34,58€